<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mygoldenpear.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Golden Pear: CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY CREAM CUPCAKES

Saturday 10 August 2013

CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY CREAM CUPCAKES

I woke up yesterday to the news that there was a family wedding taking place that very afternoon.  Now this wasn't your normal kind of wedding that takes 12 months to organise.  No this one had to be done in a day!  The bride, aka Puzzy and the groom, aka Fuzzy are bears that live with us and no they are not real bears - that's right - we were hosting a wedding for two stuffed bears.  My six year old son loves detail so I knew this would be a well thought out wedding.  I was right.  He made a red carpet out of cardboard which was the length of the living room floor.  All the other soft toys were laid out as guests.  A small lavender sachet became the ring cushion upon which lay a jewel any girl would be proud of.  The bride had a gorgeous fuchsia pink veil attached to her ears with clothes pegs.  The fact that she wore nothing else did not seem to concern neither my son nor my daughter.  The groom had a paper kilt made for him with a sgian-dubh attached to the front.  This was worn in typical Simon Cowell fashion - up round the armpits and again with no other clothes.  Super Monkey was brought in as the priest wearing only red briefs and a red cape.  Music was by Coldplay. 
 
 
My job in all this was Head of Catering.  The Groom requested chocolate cake and the bride wanted raspberries.  I thought I would go the extra mile and made some chocolate cupcases which once the cake was baked I placed into the chocolate cases and then decorated with cream and raspberries.
 
 
I also thought long and hard about a gift for the couple and so while all the preparations were taking place I made up this cute little cupcake holder in the shape of an oven.
I can't imagine many brides who wouldn't want a brand new pink oven to start off her new life of married bliss. 
 
This also leads me nicely into the fab competition which is being run by Rangecookers.co.uk.  All you have to do is make and blog about a cupcake to win a Select 90 dual fuel range cooker in stainless steel.  Now I may pretend to care what two stuffed bears would like for their wedding but in reality I'm thinking of a gorgeous new oven for myself.  Selfish, I know.
 
Anyway, back to the wedding.  The day was a great success - the bears are off on honeymoon to the Isle of Toyland, the kids had great fun, and I enjoyed watching the creativity that every 6 and 4 year old should be allowed to express.
 
If you would like to make these gorgeous, deliciously moist, fresh chocolate cupcakes served in their own edible chocolate cupcases and drizzled with tangy raspberry sauce (yes I really do want to win that oven) then here is the recipe ...

Chocolate & Raspberry Cream Cupcakes

For the printable version - click here

Ingredients
  • 65g butter
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 egg
  • 70g raspberry jam
  • 25g self raising flour
  • 70g plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 20g cocoa powder
  • 80 ml buttermilk
  • 250 ml whipping cream
  • 2 tsps icing sugar
  • raspberries for decoration
  • raspberry sauce for decoration
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 180C, (350F).
  2. Beat together the butter, caster sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy.
  3. Add the egg and beat well.
  4. Add the jam and beat until smooth.
  5. Fold in sifted flours, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa alternately with the buttermilk until nice and smooth.
  6. Spoon mixture into cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
  7. Leave cakes to cool completely before decorating.
  8. Whip cream and icing sugar together until thick.
  9. Pipe cream onto cakes and decorate with fresh raspberries and raspberry sauce.
 
  Notes : I served these cupcakes in edible chocolate cases which I made by melting chocolate and coating silicone moulds before placing in the freezer to set.  Once set, peel off the moulds and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I made the raspberry sauce by blitzing fresh raspberries with a touch of lemon juice and icing sugar to taste and then passing through a sieve to remove any seeds.
 

 
 Written by: Angela Darroch

 

 


Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

At 10 August 2013 at 09:50 , Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a fantastic blog post! I love it all, the teddy bear wedding, the pink paper oven, the chocolate cupcake cases, all of it! Oh I do hope you win the oven, you so deserve it! I never get invited to weddings for some strange reason, so I love your son's idea - we may have to have a teddy bear wedding at our house only so I can be part of a wedding party! Love it!! :D

 
At 10 August 2013 at 10:22 , Blogger Unknown said...

I did have fun putting this one together. I'm at my happiest when I'm baking and crafting and so much better when the kids are involved. I wish I could say the same about being invited to weddings but I've been to a fair few and nearly all Scottish which is why the groom had his kilt on :-)

 
At 10 August 2013 at 11:11 , Blogger Angie's Recipes said...

It sounds like a really fun wedding! The cupcake looks super and I love your paper oven packaging..so adorable.

 
At 11 August 2013 at 23:57 , Anonymous Suzanne Perazzini said...

That cupcake is so beautiful but I really did want to see shots of the wedding. It must have been spectacular. LOL.

 
At 12 August 2013 at 03:23 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Angie - it is nice to do something fun every now and again. Life can get too serious at times.

 
At 12 August 2013 at 03:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha - I did think about posting some wedding photos and would have done had the bride and groom been fully clothed :-)

 
At 12 August 2013 at 05:05 , Blogger underthebluegumtree said...

LOVE this post! Good luck with the competition.

 
At 13 August 2013 at 08:27 , Blogger Lauren Roffey said...

What a lovely story and what amazing looking cupcakes.

 
At 13 August 2013 at 08:32 , Blogger kitchen flavours said...

Oh, what a cute lovely post! I've enjoyed reading it! Wish I was at the wedding! :)
Your cupcake is beautiful, love the "oven". I know every new bride would be beaming with pride with a new oven in the kitchen! Haha!
If I were a guest at the wedding, I would definitely reach for one of your beautiful cupcakes!

 
At 13 August 2013 at 08:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Claire. At least if I don't win I still have the little pink one :-)

 
At 15 August 2013 at 01:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much Lauren and especially for taking the time to comment. It means a lot.

 
At 15 August 2013 at 01:52 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Joyce. Children have such vivid imaginations and I love to encourage them as I'm sure it will help them in later life.

 
At 20 August 2013 at 09:41 , Blogger Unknown said...

These cupcakes are absolutely gorgeous, you are a genius! I've featured this recipe on my blog, hoping that you don't mind, but if you do, please contact me and I'll remove it. All the best.

 
At 22 August 2013 at 06:06 , Blogger Choclette said...

I so loved this entry to the competition. Didn't really feel I could comment until after the judging had taken place, but I really liked it for flavour, good ingredients, elegance and making your own chocolate cupcake holder. Loved the wedding story that accompanied it too. The oven was a great addition.

 
At 23 August 2013 at 03:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love, love this blog post - it's written so well and the photography is lovely. I honestly thought you would get the prize...

 
At 23 August 2013 at 14:50 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Vera - no problem, I love looking through your blog so am honoured to be part of it.

 
At 23 August 2013 at 14:55 , Blogger Unknown said...

Aah thank you. I can't imagine what it must be like to choose a winner from so many entries. Nice to know I was a runner up and I really appreciate your lovely comments.

 
At 24 August 2013 at 07:15 , Blogger Johanna GGG said...

that oven is gorgeous and drew me in when I saw this on Tinned tomatoes - and I love the cupcakes and the story - I am often asked to make cakes for dolly's birthday party in our house - sometimes I do - if we have baking we stick a candle into something - usually accompanied by presents wrapped in serviettes! And a party dress! Love the teddy outfits

 
At 24 August 2013 at 07:57 , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL - when I told my son that we didn't win he asked if the heart cupcakes won so at least I know he has good taste. Well done and I look forward to seeing all the lovely food produced in your new oven.

 
At 24 August 2013 at 09:38 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Johanna and it's so lovely to have you visit my blog. I love encouraging my children to use their imagination but I must admit I don't always have time to play along. I've never thought to wrap presents up though LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home