<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://mygoldenpear.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Golden Pear: INDIVIDUAL APPLE PIES

Saturday 10 November 2012

INDIVIDUAL APPLE PIES

I love Autumn.  The gorgeous colours, the crisp, frosty mornings, the change in menus from light and fresh to slow cooked comfort food.  Apple pie has to be one of my favourite comfort foods.  There is nothing more inviting than the smell of fresh apple pie cooking in the oven.  Heaven!!  I had a couple of apples from our tree in the garden and wanted to make individual apple pies.  I loved the photos on Zoom Yummy's blog and so decided to pretty much follow her recipe.  I used ready made Sweet Shortcrust pastry but followed the rest of her recipe and the results were delicious.   





   

 
 
Ingredients
  • 750g ready made Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
  • 8 medium cooking apples peeled, cored and diced evenly
  • 1/2 cup granulated, white sugar
  • 1 tblsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tblsps butter, melted
  • 20ml cornflour
  • Vegetable oil for greasing muffin tin
 
 
Cooking Directions


Preheat the oven to 180 C (356 F)
  1. Lightly oil your muffin tin with the vegetable oil.
  2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out to a thickness of 3mm.
  3. Cut circles for the base of the pies. They should be big enough so that the edges extend slightly higher than the edge of the pan.
  4. Cut enough circles for the top of the pies. These should be slightly smaller than the bases.
  5. Ease the large pastry circles carefully into the pan.
  6. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling together and mix well.
  7. Taste to make sure there is enough sugar for your taste.
  8. Fill the dough with enough of the filling mixture so that it is heaped high above the edge of the pan.
  9. Place the pastry tops over the filling.
  10. Using a knife or a fork, seal the edges and decorate as you wish.
  11. Cut a small slit in the top.
  12. Glaze the tops with some milk.
  13. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
  14. Let them cool down to just warm and enjoy as is or with some homemade custard.
 

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 10 November 2012 at 23:32 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love apple pies, and yours just look gorgeous! I must make them.

 
At 11 November 2012 at 01:10 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks - I had fun making these and of course eating them as well.

 
At 11 November 2012 at 11:47 , Blogger turmericnspice said...

iove autumn too, and i just love the cute pie

 
At 11 November 2012 at 13:56 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Simi. Your blog is beautiful with great photography.

 
At 12 November 2012 at 10:43 , Anonymous Suzanne Perazzini said...

Your photo is fabulous as always. I was wondering if there is some way to subscribe to your blog so I get email notifications when you post? I would love to follow your blog.

 
At 12 November 2012 at 11:36 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Suzanne. It is good to be back in Blogland again. I have added a 'subscribe by email' button to my blog so let me know if it doesn't work.

 
At 13 November 2012 at 10:49 , Anonymous Suzanne Perazzini said...

Thanks. I have subscribed so let's see if I get your next post.

 
At 29 January 2013 at 14:08 , Blogger Zoe said...

I like the way how you decorated your apple pie giving it a leaf and a stalk... so cute!

 
At 29 January 2013 at 15:03 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Zoe - I was just having fun with this photo but it turned out to be one of my favourites.

 
At 29 January 2013 at 20:19 , Blogger Cathleen said...

This looks perfect! I have never even thought of putting pies in a muffin pan. What a great idea!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home